Sunday, February 1, 2015

Half-marathon success!!!

One of the things on my bucket list is to run a half-marathon or even better, full marathon. I've entertained the idea whenever I see cool running events, but never follow through with signing up. Of all the events available through California, Surf City definitely looked like "the one" to try. With a relatively flat route and beautiful backdrop (who can say no to running alongside the wonderful ocean view?), Surf City is hard to say no to. So when early registration rolled up last year, I finally signed up, scheduled in my training schedule runs, monitored my "healthy food" intake, and started counting down the months.

Today, everything came together despite battling a fever and nasal congestion the night before. 


It was such an amazing experience and big accomplishment for me. For the past few years, running has been a great outlet for me to de-compress and just relax. I'm not a fast runner by any means, but running allows me to have a few moments every day to just be with my own thoughts and it's something that I have control over in life. Life is full of so much unpredictability, with so many things out of our hands (no matter how much we try to handle it). Life is so short that you need to do everything in your power to just find more bubbles of happiness.

Like finding an awesome person to share big moments in your life.

What do I find when I arrive home? My own special medal that MOH handcrafted with felt.


More happy moments to end this weekend! 

Super Bowl just ended, and hopefully you enjoyed your weekend, no matter what the outcome.

What was on the menu tonight? Easy-grilled cheese sandwiches complete with sliced onions and mushrooms... yum. Happy eating all!




No comments:

Post a Comment