Where did the time fly? I'm going to do a quick update:
1. I celebrated my wedding reception with my best friend. Two traditions, two days, one memory to last forever.
Being married doesn't feel too different, except for that fact that I have this ridiculous hyphenated last name. It's always entertaining spelling it over the phone.
2. Discovering the wonders of a slow cooker...
I love throwing in random ingredients into a slow cooker during the morning, then coming home to an apartment filled with this great aroma of cooked vegetables, slow cooked meat. MMMMM. So far, I've done slow cooked BBQ pulled chicken, roasted chicken and vegetables, curry - they've all turned out great! Tonight, we're doing tomato braised chicken that will be served over a parmesan pasta.
3. How delicious chicken is. I gave up meat two years ago out of health reasons, but recently introduced chicken back into my diet. I wasn't seeing any real improvements in my fitness and I think I wasn't eating right. There are plenty of people out there who have been able to successfully be fit and vegetarian/vegan - I just realized I'm not one of them. Plus, I realized how much I love chicken. One of my favorite dishes? Ginger chicken over rice and vegetables. This recipe is super simple - just cook rice with chicken broth and minced ginger. Then, boil/steam/or roast chicken and serve the rice with some fresh green onions with chicken and fish sauce! Deliciously easy and simple.
4. How much I missed "craftin" it up.
5. How beautiful the outdoors can be.
I'm starting to do longer runs in the morning and the sight is beautiful.
MOH and I also started our fall hike routine. The first trail we took? Oso Creek Trail. So beautiful and located in the heart of Mission Viejo.
Fall is here officially, and I'm excited for the pending holidays!
Until next time, happy eating everyone!