Sunday, May 18, 2014

Milky bun delight!

***Anyone viewing this before 10:40 (May 18th): sorry for the glitch! Was making changes to layout and accidentally made text white!


As a treat for the hot weekends that have been happening lately, ice cream seems like a great treat!


MOH and I went to a great place to get ice cream, Afters, and it was a great treat! A cute little shop in Fountain Valley, this place serves up ice cream inside a milky bun. AMAZING. The milky bun is this sticky, sweet, gooey goodness that has ice cream of your choice (cookie monster flavor is a must for first-timers) squished inside. The results? Crispy, warm bun with cold, ice cream inside. Perfect treat for a hot summer's day! If you're ever a fan of donuts, milky buns, ice cream, or cold goodness, this treat provides the best sugar rush!

In other news, I recently got myself a watercolor paint set and have been dabbling in watercolors. It's more focused than pastels (at least in my experience), but equally fun in its own way!


The weather has gotten better (last week was a scorcher), so MOH and I have been taking more walks during the weekend. There's a great trail within walking distance that leads to a pasture/canyon, so we often go that route. Here's a little visitor we found along the path that MOH was quick to photograph.


I wish I looked that introspective.. or that cute.

These recent blot posts have been short, but I promise to get more content out in June!

Until next time, happy eating all!

No comments:

Post a Comment